Small and midsize companies are starting to realize how valuable having their own mobile applications could be for their businesses.
Mobile apps can be developed for any purpose, gaming, entertainment, news feeds, e-commerce, social networks, lifestyle, productivity, and much more. Businesses need customer interaction, and these days most of our interaction happens through our mobile devices, so it makes sense for companies to develop apps of their own.
The steps to develop a mobile app include:
- An idea.
- A goal-oriented strategy must be developed to ensure the app’s success. This strategy includes competitor assessments, if and how the app will be monetized, and marketing strategies for the app.
- Designing the user experience, this is where decisions are made regarding what data and functionalities must be present in the app and how these will be organized, from those decisions workflows or user pathways are designed.
- The user interface is designed using style guides, it is important to know who will use the app, the idea is to make a design that visually appeals to the target audience.
- Development, it is now time to turn the design into reality.
- QA and Beta testing.
“The handoff from design to development is the make or break point for any mobile app development project. Many companies make the mistake of hiring agencies that provide only design and then contract a development agency, this is a recipe for disaster, at Softon ITG we provide both design and development services, this provides a smooth transition, avoids delays, and costly misunderstandings”, explained Davide Tonti, co-owner of Softon ITG.
What Benefits Can Companies Expect from Developing a Mobile App
- Build Customer Loyalty
Mobile apps provide a direct interaction with a brand or company, and it is through this engagement that relationships are built.
Regardless of whether the app is developed for B2B or B2C interactions, cultivating good relationships is what ultimately creates loyalty.
- Brand Visibility and Reinforcement
For a business to survive in today’s competitive corporate world, visibility and recognition are imperative. A well-developed mobile app can increase a company’s visibility, as well as help, create brand awareness.
Mobile apps should provide features that are appealing to its target audience, they should also contain all the elements of branding the company already uses in different channels, like their website, and social network accounts.
By increasing the company’s exposure on mobile platforms, businesses become more accessible to consumers, this offers ample marketing opportunities to increase sales, generate more leads, expand into more diverse markets, and ultimately generate more profits.
- Improve Customer Engagement
Interactive mobile apps are powering online businesses, especially e-commerce apps, booking a vacation, making a reservation for your favorite restaurant, depositing checks, fulfilling prescriptions, are all examples of how some companies have created new engagement pathways for their clients.
Online engagement that results in a sale, or in the acquisition of a new client or lead, is a cost-effective way to grow your business.
- Added Value
For a mobile app to be successful it needs to provide added value to its users, saving time by being able to do transactions online, providing pertinent information, adding a help desk to your app, simplifying a task, are all great ways to create added value.